So I’ve been on a cleaning kick lately. Earlier this week I cleaned out my refrigerator and threw out the things that were spoiled or very close to turning bad.
But in my hurry to get to work the next morning I left the bag inside the apartment next to the front door.
When I got home the garbage bag had been gutted and emptied by my dog, Sophie. It wouldn’t be the first time she’s dug through my trash. But this time, she was acting funny.
It was like she was having a major acid trip while hopped up on cocaine or meth.
Her body was jittery so much that she almost looked like she had a sped up version of Parkinson’s disease. And she flinched at the slightest sound. Her eyes were so dilated that I could barely see an outline of brown around a big black circle.
I wasn’t exactly sure what she’d eaten but i knew she’d probably ingested some spoiled grilled chicken and a spoiled sausage… in fact I’m pretty sure that was it.
I don’t know if it was a good decision or not but I chose to wait to see how she was acting in the morning. She wasn’t really showing signs of being sluggish, nor was she throwing up or having diarrhea.
The next morning her legs were still shaking like you wold imagine an old dog would shake. And it was kind of funny that when she lifted a leg to pea, her leg shook almost out of control. But her eyes were less dilated and she was drinking water.
I took her to the vet after work. I know, I know, I should have taken her first thing in the morning. Luckily, this story has a good ending.
She’s on medication of some sort of ant-acid and she wasn’t allowed to eat for another 12 hours — until this morning. Anyway, I’m glad that scare is over and I’m determined to in the future take the stupid garbage out as soon as I fill up a bag.
Have a good weekend all.